We invited Professor Roger King, one of the most experienced entrepreneurs in our group, to speak to us in our 2011 “How I Started: How I Made It” New Speaker Series on May 12.
We all enjoyed his unique and inspiring “Financial Independence Through an Entrepreneurial Journey”. If you missed the talk that evening, here’s the link to the PowerPoint: Roger King.Personal Journey Canadian Chamber
Background and Business Bio:
Roger King, PhD, is Adjunct Professor of Finance, Director of the Center for Asian Family Business and Entrepreneurship Studies, Director of the Center for Business Case Studies at HKUST. He is also currently
– a Supervisory Board member of TNT, listed on Amsterdam Exchange;
– Non-Executive Director of Arrow Electronics Corporation, listed on the NYSE; Overseas Orient International Limited and Sincere Watch (Hong Kong) Limited, both listed on the SEHK and
– the Honorary Consul for theRepublic of Latviain HKSAR.
He was the Chief Operating Officer of Orient Overseas (Holdings) Limited,
– Chairman and founder of ODS System-Pro Computers Limited,
– Chairman of Euro-Asia Shipyard Limited,
– Chairman of Pacific Coffee Limited,
– President and Chief Executive Officer of Sa Sa International Holdings Limited, and
– an Executive Member of the Zhejiang Province People′s Political Consultative Conference.